Thursday, March 11, 2010

Gerry & the Holograms-Meet the Dissidents

Does anyone remember that weird hologram that Sega released in the arcades some time in the early 90s? Sure, the games (one was a western draw yer guns 'n shoot, one a karate man fighter) were terrible. But fuck, they were holograms that you could play. I don't know why holograms went to the wayside, along with my still wished for hover board. My guess is that they realized the games were shitty (big surprise, it was made by Sega). But this is my favorite hologram related thing I can think of at the moment. I'm guessing this was some lonely dude with a synth. At least that's what it sounds like. And it's a hard one to describe. 2 tracks, the first some weird synth pop, the second taking a much more dubbed out approach. Combined, they make for one great 7". But some one tell me, when are those hover boards really going to come out. I'm getting a little old to go riding around on one.

Here

No comments:

Post a Comment